PUBG Update #30 hits the Test Server. PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS Update 30 adds a Ping System that is clearly inspired by the communication system in Apex Legend. Other main features include Ledge Grab Mechanic, new vehicles, assorted weapons, and much more. PUBG latest patch number 30 being a major round-number update brings a lot of interesting goodies.
See the PUBG Update 30 full notes below:
New Vehicle: BRDM-2
“Players feeling froggy for a fight will now have the chance to call down an armor plated amphibious assault BRDM-2 by using the Flare Gun!”
- BRDM-2 can only be called in as a special Care Package using the Flare Gun on all maps and it replaces the armored UAZ.
- Over waterways or terrain, this amphibious vehicle increases your options to navigate firefights and the Battlegrounds themselves.
- BRDM-2’s total HP is 2500 and its health is twice as much as UAZ, while its gigantic, sturdy wheels cannot be damaged.
- Powerful bulletproof vehicle that can reduce incoming damage such as ammunition based assaults as well as grenades and red zone damage.
- BRDM-2 is an amphibious vehicle that can continue to ground travel on water, but players can’t shoot while on board.
- It has a capacity of up to four players on board, and Its top water speed is 22km/h and top speed on the road is 102km/h when boosted.
New Weapon: Deagle
“Bang Bang Pow? That’s the sound of two shots from a Deagle breaking a level 3 helmet.”
- The Deagle is a handgun that deals the strongest pistol damage with great muzzle velocity and will be spawned on all maps.
- Deagle can deal 62 damage per shot and take both red-dot and holographic sights, various magazines and a laser sight that improves hip fire accuracy.
- With greater than average pistol damage and muzzle velocity comes harder to control recoil.
- Deagle has a single firemode type that uses .45 ACP ammo and the standard magazine fits 7 rounds. (It can be extended to 10 with an extended magazine)
“Find new ways to fight, jump, grab, get up, and go with our new Ledge Grab feature!”
- Ledge grab allows you to take new paths by climbing up the edge of roofs, fences, and obstacles up to 2.5 meters high, and jump from building to building or container to container.
- Now that players can move to places they weren’t able to reach before, we look forward to seeing gameplay with new strategies climbing to places your opponent won’t be able to anticipate.
How to use
- You can activate ledge grab by either jumping or vaulting (space bar) and then continue to press the space bar or by pressing the space bar at the right timing in midair, heading towards the target location.
- You can cancel the ledge grab while it is activated and fall to the ground by following the same method of cancelling the vaulting/climbing.
A message from the Dev. team on ledge grab
This is the first iteration of ledge grab, you cannot yet hang on the railings or slide down railings. However, ledge grab will be updated twice in total including this update, the dev team will keep working to enable those features just mentioned from the other update in the future.
We anticipate a similar adoption period for ledge grab as we had with the initial introduction of vaulting. We will work to isolate any improvements or modifications that need to be made during the early stages of the feature’s launch.
Please try out the new ledge grab and kindly give us your feedback so that we can further improve and polish the feature, which is the utmost priority to the Dev. team.
We will continue to make our best efforts to quickly ensure the feature is as stable and useful as possible. We very much appreciate your interest and feedback.
Improved Gas Can
“We like the cans. The cans that go boom!”
- Added strategic elements to the Gas Can, an item that used to be seen to have few advantages to loot.
- As soon as Gas Can explodes, it will deal damage to all players in a radius around it’s location.
- When the Gas Can is blown up, it deals damage in a radius around it, dealing more damage to those close by
- Keep in mind that you can hurt both yourself and your teammates if you stand to close to the explosion, so be careful!
How to use
- Drop a Gas Can on the ground and damage it with bullets or throwables, which will cause it to explode and deal damage to those close by.
- Each Gas Can will now display individually in the inventory when players have more than one Gas Can to reduce confusion, as dropping multiple Gas Cans will not multiply the damage.
“You can’t talk over a chicken dinner if you don’t communicate in a match. Radio Messages will keep you coordinated with every teammate, no matter the region or mic situation. “
Playing with players from different regions in random Duo or Squad matches or players with no access to voice chat have made it difficult to establish team-based strategy through close communication between team members. To help solve this problem, we are introducing text-based Radio Messages that will help you communicate with your team more quickly and easily for successful strategic gameplay.
- Hold the mouse wheel or F3 to open the Radio Message Wheel UI.
- There are 8 types of messages provided–selected messages will be displayed on the left screen and immediately shown to your teammates.
- Ping and Enemy Spotted, in particular, can be used in various circumstances. You can use them more quickly with separate key bindings.
- Ping: Click the mouse wheel or press F3
- Enemy Spotted: Double click the mouse wheel or double press F3
- Pings has various interactions.
- Select Ping near a certain item, and you can share the name and location of the pinged item with your teammates.
- You can also use Ping on Care Packages or death crates to share their location.
- Ping the direction you want to move toward to share the direction with your teammates.
- All these features above automatically place a marker on the map and will be useful to utilize together with the Tactical Map Marker.
- Enemy Spotted allows you to quickly share the location of an enemy you’ve spotted.
- Use Enemy Spotted at the enemy’s location to mark it on the map and share it with your teammates.
- Messages vary by distance:
- Near Range: less than 50M
- Medium Range: less than 200M
- Long Range: 200M or more
- Example: ENEMY SPOTTED! Long Range 300′
- Ping and Enemy Spotted send messages to teammates within 500M.
- Need Ammo works dynamically, with the message reflecting the ammo type of the weapon you are holding.
- Example: If you select Need Ammo while holding an M416, the message sent to your teammates will be “I NEED 5.56mm.”
- You can mute Radio Messages from teammates individually in the Team Management menu.
- Kill distance has been added to center-screen kill messages.
- The distance between you and the enemy you killed will be displayed alongside the standard kill message in the middle of the screen.
- Kill distance will only be shown you kill enemies from over 100 m away.
- This will appear only when you kill the enemy by yourself.
- DBNO kill messages remain the same and won’t show kill distance.
Survival Supply System
“Loot, loot, loot. Hello BP, we’ve missed you.”
We’ve got new BP items for both looking good and keeping you statistically in the know on specific weapons, so to help you earn even more BP to pick them up we have added a limited time “Survival Supply System” before the next Survivor Pass. The system will provide daily and weekly missions to accomplish and provide BP as a reward. Don’t forget to scope out the new items you can buy with the BP you earned in the store!
The Survival Supply System will run from after June 26th, 2019 up until live server maintenance on July 24th, 2019.
- The system is free.
- Unlike the previous Supply System, there is no level and rewards once daily/weekly missions are accomplished.
- You can check your missions by clicking the banner on the left of the lobby, just like the Survivor Pass.
- When your missions are complete, you earn from 200 BP to 1,500 BP.
- Daily Missions will be updated daily at 02:00 UTC, and weekly missions at the same time every Wednesday.
- You can check the real time mission progress in in-game.
- Daily Missions: You can complete up to 3 missions everyday.
- Missions can be swapped out 3 times per day for free.
- Weekly Missions: You can complete 3 missions each week.
- You can swapped out 3 times per week for free.
- Expired missions disappear.
- You can claim your reward by clicking the Survival Supply System banner then clicking the claim button from the mission tab.
- End date
- The Survival Supply System will end with the start of the live server maintenance on July 23rd, 2019 (PDT).
- Make sure you claim all rewards prior to this date, as any unclaimed rewards will disappear.
Skins & Items
Introducing new skins you can find once this patch hits the live server! This includes new skins which can you purchase directly with BP. Play PUBG, earn BP, get skins!
- Added 2 GLL Grand Slam: PUBG Classic items
- Added 2 MET Asia Series: PUBG Classic items
- Added 10 Summer Season items
- Added 10 Twitch Broadcaster Royale items
- Added 2 BattleStat Skins items
- Added items for purchase directly with BP.
- 2 BattleStat Skins
- 6 shoes
- Weapon zoom
- You can now zoom in and out when viewing your weapons in the Mastery tab to give you a better look at your hard earned charms attached to your favorite weapon.
- Emblem animations
- For every 10 level ups, a new tier emblem animation will be displayed to show your tier progression.
- New weapon – Deagle added to the Mastery tab
- Earn XP and unlock charms for our newest weapon, the Deagle.
- Improved the Last Match popup UI
- The weapon icon displayed in the Last Match popup now varies for each player. The icons of the top 3 weapons with the highest score in the last match will appear in the popup message.
- The displayed weapon icons follow the weapon sorting order applied to the Last Match page.
- In-game charm equip/unequip feature
- You can now equip and unequip charms in-game, just like you can for weapon skins.
- While wearing other players’ skins, press Alt+Shift+LMB to unequip them, and press Alt+LMB to equip your skins and charm.
- [Test Server] Bonus weapon XP rewards test
- We’re testing a feature specifically on the Test Server until Midnight June 22 (KST) which allows us to grant players bonus Mastery XP.
- This feature allows certain weapons to gain more XPs during a certain period.
- For 3 days, you can earn 3 times more XP with handguns, SMGs and SRs.
- This feature won’t be applied to the Live Server in June.
- Once testing is complete and the feature stable, we will may use this system on live servers in the future.
- Keep an eye out for future announcements.
- Added brightness options for each map
- Brightness option are now changeable per map, to allow players more choice with each map’s unique visual characteristics.
- A new option allows you to adjust brightness for each map individually.
- You can also use the existing option to adjust brightness of all maps together.
- Readability improved for parachute UI
- For greater readability, the text outline of the parachute altitude and speed has been thickened.
- Store UI improvement
- Featured page
- Featured page has been added for the new Summer items.
- BP item filter added
- A filter button has been added, allowing you to exclusively view BP items.
- Improved purchase button responsiveness
- The clickable area of the purchase button has been made bigger so you can click the button more easily.
- This should remove some frustration from having to click precisely to trigger a purchase.
- Improved Survivor Pass in-game mission list UI
- The in-game mission list UI has been improved to more clearly distinguish completed missions from and in-progress/uncompleted missions.
- Buildings at short distance now load 30 to 40% faster through optimization of level streaming (rendering).
- Material data structure has been optimized.
- Streaming (rendering) priority has been optimized through estimating of players’ movement route and allocating resource priority accordingly.
- Furniture rendering speed has been optimized.
- Level LOD data has been optimized.
- Reduced delays which could occur when opening crates from the Store.
- Added 2019 Global Rule Preset to Custom Match Esports Mode
- Added 2019 Global Esports Rule preset for Esports Mode Custom Matches
- You can now select “2019 Global Rule Settings” Preset on the Create screen for Esports Mode
- When selecting each map, blue zone settings and item spawn rate for each map are automatically applied
- For blue zone settings, the same blue zone setting is applied to all maps
- Miramar, Sanhok and Vikendi have the same item spawn rate, with Erangel having a different item spawn rate due to the recent rebalance.
- Item spawn rate values of the Global Esports ruleset can be found under the rule tab after clicking Match Setting button after creating a Custom Match session.
- Custom Game Options now allow two options to choose after a player is killed: ‘Spectate’ or ‘Observer’
- Spectate: A dead player remains in the team through spectating.
- You can change to Observer mode by pressing F5 button in Spectate mode but you can’t return to Spectate mode from Observer mode.
- Observer: You can choose Observer after death to remain in the Custom Match as Observer the same as before.
- The feature mentioned above can be enabled and disabled through the ‘Observer’ option set by the Custom Match creator.
- Player List – Added sort by distance feature
- Added a feature to allow sorting of the player list by distance to the observer
- Example: If at least one member of the squad is close to the observer, that team will be at the top list
- This can be selected in the player list under DISTANCE and team order is updated approximately every 10 seconds
- Added new gun Deagle
- Added new gun Deagle to Custom Match Setting Spawn tab
- Decreased the number of players required to start Custom Match
- The minimum number of players required to start a Custom Match has been reduced from 8 to 4
- The replay system has been updated. Replay files from older updates are no longer playable.
Special billboards and graffiti have been added in celebration of the upcoming GLL Grand Slam and MET Asia Series, part of the PUBG Global Esports “PUBG Classic” series!
- GLL Grand Slam: PUBG Classic
- Tournament date: July 19th – July 21st 2019
- Location: Stockholm, Sweden
- MET Asia Series: PUBG Classic
- Tournament date: July 26th – July 28th 2019
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
- Fixed an issue where the reload sound played repeatedly when unequipping a weapon while reloading.
- Fixed an issue where the audible reload range of the AWM was significantly lower compared to other SRs.
- Fixed an issue where character’s limbs overlapped when reloading the R45 and AKM in specific circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where a male hairstyle did not match the thumbnail.
- Fixed an issue where the automatic firing mode option did not apply during War Mode matches.
- Fixed an issue which caused the firing sound to be lower than intended when near a Motorbike or Snowmobile.
- Fixed an issue where weapon charms attached to a Tommy Gun would overlap an attached Extended Mag.
- Fixed an issue where some UI elements could disappear temporarily when watching a player in a replay or spectator mode.
- Fixed an issue where vehicle deaths caused by other vehicles are not displayed in the killfeed for observers.
- Fixed an issue where the speedometer in the dashboard of certain vehicles did not function correctly.
- Fixed an issue with “Inventory Character Render” enabled which could restrict mouse movement and cause the cursor to disappear.
- Fixed an issue where the throwable UI overlapped when switching between specific throwable items.
- Fixed an issue where characters rising from lowered stances at distances further than 50 meters away would appear to stand up without any visible animation.
The complete release notes and changelog detailing all the stuff made part of this update can be accessed right here. PUBG has also made changes to its classic Erangel map. Here is a video preview below.
PUBG for PC, Xbox, PS4, Android and iOS is a cross-platform battle royale survival game. The game version varies according to respective release schedules for different platforms. That said, current Update 30 on test servers should see the light of day on computer, console and mobile devices in the coming weeks.