The next major update of Genshin Impact is unlikely to arrive anytime soon. Having said that, the current version 2.1 of the mobile RPG title from miHoYo Limited continues to receive new additions in the form of enhanced characters, a new story quest, and much more. In today’s refresh, the 5-star character named Snagonomiya Kokomi enters the arena possessing powerful healing abilities but with a slight tradeoff involving diminished attack strength. See a video introducing the new Kokomi character in action, below.
For a more comprehensive preview of Kokomi’s capability and first look at her homeland Watatsumi Island, view the following clip:
To learn more, here is a snapshot of Sagnonomiya Kokomi…
Sangonomiya Kokomi is a support character with excellent healing abilities.
Her Elemental Skill, Bake-Kurage, provides sustained healing to nearby party members, while dealing Hydro DMG to enemies with its AOE. While Kokomi activates her Elemental Burst and enters her Ceremonial Garment state, her Normal Attack, Charged Attack, and Bake-Kurage DMG are increased based on her Max HP. When her Normal and Charged attacks hit opponents, Kokomi will heal all nearby party members.
Normal Attack: The Shape of Water
- Normal Attack – Performs 3 consecutive attacks that take the form of swimming fish, dealing Hydro DMG.
- Charged Attack – Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to deal AoE Hydro DMG after a short casting time.
- Summons a “Bake-Kurage” made of water that can heal her allies. Using this skill will apply the Wet status to Kokomi. Deals Hydro DMG to surrounding opponents and heals nearby active characters at fixed intervals. This healing is based on Kokomi’s max HP.
Summons the might of Watasumi, dealing Hydro DMG to surrounding enemies, before robing Kokomi in a Ceremonial Garment made from the flowing waters of Sangonomiya.
- Kokomi’s normal attack, charged attack, and Bake-Kurage DMG are increased based on her Max HP.
- When her normal and charged attacks hit opponents, Kokomi will restore HP for all nearby party members, and the amount restored is based on her max HP.
- Incrases Kokomi’s resistance to interruption and allows her to walk on water’s surface.
Kokomi became a playable character starting September 21. To unlock here. you’ll require buying wishes for the “Drifting Luminescene” banner in the game’s gacha system. Also, Kokomi joins others in the new Dracaena Somnolentra story quest where only those players with an Adventure Rank of 40 and above are eligible for participation.